Connect with Us:
Log In | My Account | Subscribe
Shetek Dental
Papik Motors
Avoca Spray Service
The Hut
Murray County Speedway
Farmer's Agency Avoca


Question: I am planning on taking a motorcycle trip across the country. Does a trailer pulled behind a motorcycle need to be registered?

Answer: If you are pulling a trailer, it must be registered according to its weight.  If the trailer is lightweight it may be permanently registered as a utility trailer or as an RV under 1,500 pounds. The trailer registration is separate from the motorcycle’s registration.

You can avoid a ticket — and a crash — if you simply buckle up, drive at safe speeds, pay attention and always drive sober.  Help us drive Minnesota Toward Zero Deaths.

If you have any questions concerning traffic related laws or issues in Minnesota send your questions to Sgt. Troy Christianson – Minnesota State Patrol at 2900 48th Street NW, Rochester MN 55901-5848.  (Or reach him at,